Asking foreign worker to sign a bond to stay

Employment agreement requires compensation in addition to notice if employee resigns
By Brian Kenny
|Canadian Employment Law Today|Last Updated: 02/10/2010

Question: Can an employer ask a new employee recruited in another country to work in Canada to sign a bond that stipulates the employee would pay compensation to the employer if he quit, in addition to a specified amount of notice?